Mexican cauliflower rice recipe;
is flavorful, loaded with vegetables, and perfectly cooked. In addition to being a delicious side dish for taco, this flavorful riced cauliflower works well as a base for burrito bowls. Low-carb, vegetarian, gluten-free, and grain-free, this recipe is as simple as pie.
You can prepare cauliflower rice in two ways. Either a food processor equipped with the grater blade or a box grater with the medium-sized holes commonly used for cheese can be used to blitz the ingredients into small pieces. The goal of both approaches is to grate the cauliflower into “rice.”INGREDIENTS
- 6 cups cauliflower rice
- 3 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 small onion finely chopped
- 1 - 2 jalapeño pepper, chopped
- 2 large roma tomato, chopped
- 2 tbsp of tomato paste
- 5 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup chopped bell pepper (multi color)
- 1/2 lime
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp salt (to your taste)
- 1/8 tsp paprika (mild) and / or cayenne pepper (hot)
- 1/4 cup chicken or vegetable broth
- 2-3 tbsp fresh cilantro to garnish
- 1 tsp Garlic Cilantro Olive Oil (optional)
- 1tbsp of Harissa olive oil (optional)
- 1/4 tsp onion powder (optional)
In a large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons of the oil over medium-high heat until it shimmers. Swirl the oil around until the pan is completely coated. Add the cauliflower rice and spread it into an even layer. Cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until one side is just lightly browned (make sure not burn it). Stir and spread into an even layer to cook for another 2–3 minutes or until lightly browned on the other side. Transfer the toasted cauliflower rice to a clean bowl.
Add onion, peppers, tomatoes, and garlic. Sauté for 5-8 minutes until tender. Combine the tomato paste, broth, and half of the spice mixture. Give it a good mix, then cook it for another minute. Add the cauliflower rice and cook until the desired texture is reached. As well as any additional seasoning to taste, add a squeeze of lime juice, which is optional but delicious. If desired, season with additional salt. Garnish with chopped fresh cilantro or drizzle with our extra virgin Garlic Cilantro Olive Oil .