Greek salads are a well-known salad in Greek cooking, typically made with chunks of tomatoes, cucumbers, onion, feta cheese, and red or green olives and seasoned with salt, oregano, and extra virgin olive oil. It is tasty, refreshing, delicious, healthy and satisfying. I add a Microgreens mix to my salad to make it more interesting:)
Greek Salad Dressing Ingredients
- Ripe tomatoes, cut into wedges or roughly chopped into large chunks
- Cucumber, sliced into 1/2-inch thick half-moons
- Red onion, sliced into rings or half-rings
- Green and red bell pepper, and sliced or diced
- Red or green olives
- Himalayan pink salt
- Ground black pepper (optional)
- Greek feta cheese in block form
- In a mixing bowl, toss together the red onion, bell pepper, tomatoes, cucumbers, olives and season with a little salt, pepper and oregano.
- After you combine all ingredients set aside for a few minutes.
- Drizzle with traditional style dark balsamic vinegar and olive oil of your choice; single varietal oil (Greek Kalamata or Greek Koroneiki) or, for a twist, some of our flavored olive oil. Make sure to mix everything together to coat the vegetables completely.
- Season with a pinch of salt, dried oregano, and ground pepper to taste. Gently mix the salad to combine, and adjust seasonings, oil and vinegar to your taste. Be aware that you'll be adding salty feta, so cut back on the amount of salt you use.
- Top with a large slab of crumbled feta cheese, and drizzle a little olive oil of your choice over the cheese and season with crushed oregano and pepper.
- To suit everyone tastes, serve with more balsamic and olive oil on the side.
- We store our salads with dressing for up to 3 days in the refrigerator.